|Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable|
|Designer||Walt Disney Imagineering|
|Opening date||January 21, 1995|
|Ride duration||12:22 minutes|
|Sponsored by||Nestlé (1995-2009)|
Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable is a 70 mm film shown in The Land pavilion at Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. The attraction opened in 1995, replacing Symbiosis and the film utilizes some footage from it. Cam Clarke, James Earl Jones, Nathan Lane, and Ernie Sabella reprise their roles from The Lion King.
- Laugh and learn as Simba teaches Timon and Pumbaa an important lesson about the environment.
- When the talkative twosome starts cutting down trees to build Hakuna Matata Lakeside Village, Simba steps in to remind them that nature, while majestic, is also very fragile: Hakuna matata may be a good philosophy for everyday situations, but choosing not to worry about our planet could spell disaster!
- The Circle of Life features a magical mix of animation and live action. Presented in stunning 70mm footage shot in over 30 countries, this panoramic film provides a wonderful opportunity to introduce youngsters to the concept of eco kindness.
The film opens with a montage of animals and Mufasa's voice, some clips left over from the previous attraction, Symbiosis, playing the song Circle of Life before the film enters the Pride Lands where Timon and Pumbaa are constructing the Hakuna Matata Lakeside Village Resort by damming a stream to create a small lake. Simba arrives on the scene to tell them that their dam is drying the waterhole downstream and tells a tale of humanity's impact on the environment. Timon and Pumbaa are initially excited by man's developments until seeing the consequences of progress such as mass pollution and natural destruction, which will lead to all life on the planet becoming extinct. Simba tells them though that humans are learning to give back to the environment through recycling, alternative energy sources, and conservation programs. With Simba concluding his story, Timon and Pumbaa bring down the dam and restore the watering hole.
- James Earl Jones as Mufasa
- Cam Clarke as Simba
- Nathan Lane as Timon
- Ernie Sabella as Pumbaa
- Carmen Twillie as the Circle of Life singer
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the The Disney Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with the Disney Parks Wiki, the text of The Disney Wiki is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|