|Iron Man Experience|
|A concept image released at the attraction's announcement in October 2013|
|Hong Kong Disneyland|
|Designer||Walt Disney Imagineering|
|Attraction type||3-D Motion simulator|
|Opening date||January 11, 2017|
Iron Man Experience (Traditional Chinese: 鐵甲奇俠總部) is a 3-D motion simulator attraction under construction in Tomorrowland at Hong Kong Disneyland and is expected to open in Fall of 2016. The attraction is based on the Marvel Comics character Iron Man, becoming the first Disney attraction to be based on a Marvel property. Set at the fictional Stark Expo, the attraction will feature Tony Stark recruiting guests to fend off extraterrestrial beings from attacking Hong Kong.
Discussions of creating Marvel attractions at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts' theme parks began in 2009, with The Walt Disney Company's acquisition of Marvel Entertainment. In his 2013-14 budget speech, Hong Kong Disneyland's financial secretary John Tsang announced that a new night time parade, as well as a themed area featuring characters from the Marvel Universe, would be built in Hong Kong Disneyland. On October 8, 2013, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts chairman Thomas O. Staggs announced that Hong Kong Disneyland would be adding the Iron Man Experience.
The attraction is estimated to have a cost of $100 million and will employ a newer generation model of the Advanced Technology Leisure Application Simulator, currently used in Star Tours: The Adventures Continue. The attraction will be located at the park's Tomorrowland section, and it will also include a character meet-and-greet and retail area.
- Chu, Karen (8 October 2013). "Hong Kong Disneyland to Open 'Iron Man' Experience in 2016". Retrieved on 8 October 2013.
- Barnes, Brookes (8 October 2013). "To Lift Hong Kong Park, Disney Deploys Iron Man". Retrieved on 8 October 2013.
- Ng, Jeffrey (27 February 2013). "Hong Kong’s Disneyland to Get Marvel Superheroes". Retrieved on 28 February 2013.
- John Tsang (27 February 2013). The 2013-14 Budget - Promoting Tourism Industry. Hong Kong Government.
- Yung, Chester (8 October 2013). "Iron Man to Join Hong Kong Disneyland". Retrieved on 8 October 2013.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at Iron Man Experience. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Parks Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|